.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 14, 2005

They are a Murderous Sort

While I make it quite clear that I adore all of my readers - even the ones with weak bladders and spotty complexions - I am of two minds when it comes to twaddlers leaving links in my comment fields. On the one hand, who in heaven's name cares if you leave a link in my comment field? But on the other hand, stop leaving links in my comment fields. It's damnably rude. I've a good mind to set my rabbits on you; they are a murderous sort, adept with knives and keen on insult.

You will be lucky to escape with enough wind in your lungs to wheeze to your employer "We've been set upon by the Packard Rabbits; yea, they have slain the servants with the edge of the sword; and I only am escaped alone to tell thee."

5 Comments:

Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Janet - Thank you.

Ghostie - By all means, excrete your turd of a cartridge link. It would be like a shiv in my side if they sent you back to Senegal.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://topicdrift.blogspot.com/2005/01/they-are-murderous-sort.html

12:48 PM  
Blogger Desert Cat said...

Is it? I guess I had never thought of it as such, unless it was an irrelevant link to a site attempting to sell something.

Is it "using the dinner fork instead of the salad fork" rude, or is it "farting in a crowded elevator" rude?

12:57 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

It’s “farting in a crowded elevator” rude. Of course, farting in elevators is hilarious, so the comparison falls slightly short of the mark.

1:08 PM  
Blogger Rob Miles said...

My rule is; if the elevator rope breaks you are allowed to fart as much as you like. In fact it might help to pass the time.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home