.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Boo Hoo

This is what it looks like outside:

IMG_2173

Dudes, I was majorly bummed out about all this snow until I remembered that one guy from my high school yearbook. Maybe he didn't "participate" in any "official extracurricular activities," but his take on life was spot on, as evidenced by his senior yearbook quotation:



See? Although I don't think he considered the socioeconomic implications of his viewpoint, i.e., not all of us have a snowmobile or four-wheeler.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Cope said...

Maybe he felt that most people's lives were meaningless.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

I think you're right. Though considering his exacting criteria, I’d say most people’s lives are not meaningless enough. The bandit horde is ravaging our wetlands and pristine roadside ditches with their all-terrain meaningful lives. Ozzy Osbourne nearly died in a meaningful life accident a few years ago, and, as you know, Mr. Osbourne accounts for 75-80% of the meaning in my ATV- and snowmobile-free life. Had he died on his Meaningful Life, I’d be left with only 20-25% of a meaningful life, and most of that percentage involves eating, sleeping, and chanting passages from old Mad magazines while riding the city bus.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Andraste said...

I do believe the mullet deserves mention, too. Let the freak flag fly!!

Word verification word: gnyfov...something to do with stirrups?

9:41 AM  
Blogger Chemical Billy said...

The Snowmobiling Life can be a demanding road. Although I think this devotee severely compromised his values by including "...or four-wheeler."

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home