.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, November 18, 2005

What Day Is It?

I despair for this neighborhood. Everyone's constantly and brazenly drunk except for the schoolchildren - and even they drink alone in their rooms. I want to move to a different neighborhood, a neighborhood that is simple, benign, flowing with a kind of human milk. Specifically, I'm thinking of the Amish with their quilts and their poliomyelitis and their refusal to golf. Is that what I want for myself? Maybe, but do the quilts have to be so colorful? I can't sleep under a quilt that has more that five colors - it keeps me awake.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah? And what's wrong with brazen drunkenness? Huh? Huh?

9:42 AM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Nothing. In fact, I'm drunk right now.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

Buy yourself a car and move to Maple Grove -- they have a Joe's Crab Shack there.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Pilgrim said...

What would keep you awake sleeping under an Amish quilt would be the price.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Chemical Billy said...

If you drink enough, the colors won't be so disturbing. The spinning room will take over that function.

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While there is a famous mathematical puzzle describing the minimum number of colors required to make a map, I don't think 5 is too many colors for a quilt. And to make a map do what, you ask? Heck, if it has less than 5 colors I think you could shame it into doing most anything, poor low-self-esteem-4-or-less-color map that it would be.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home