.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, September 17, 2004

Game Plan: Friday

Will I motor over to the arcade for 30 minutes of Mortal Kombat? No, I won't. Will I visit the tolerant Girl Scout troop in the rectory basement, inhale a chocolate cupcake, and construct an angel out of q-tips and milk jug caps? No, not that. Will I sit silently at the edge of the loveseat and dream of beautiful show horses or leprechauns pouring gold bullion into my shoe? No way, Jose. It's my day off. I'm not doing ANY of the usual things. Today I will instruct Fat Old Molly to beat all the carpets, scour the hobo symbols off our gate, and plait Jenny's doll's hair. That will give me time to light a candle and meditate over a daguerreotype of my grandmother. I will also be shopping at Southdale. I need some jeans.

1 Comments:

Anonymous OHenry said...

At one time communities would seek counsel from the elders on matters of import. More experience usually translated into lessons learned. Having survived my share of crises, I am still around to share a thought or two. The main lesson is to never stop learning. Reading is good as is seeking other points of view and new ideas like visiting your blog. Finding what is ultimately important leads one to appreciate actuality, efficiency and mindfulness. Helping others to see some of the forest through the trees is another. lifestyles

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home