.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, October 14, 2004

My Criticism of Science: A Holistic Approach

Will science remove my brain and keep it alive after I die? Not if I have anything to say about it. Scientists will possess the equipment that will translate my post-death thoughts; if my post-death thoughts are all, "Science! Put my brain back in my dead body so that I may be with the Lord!" they will likely make note of my uncooperative post-death thoughts and ignore my bitching - all in the name of science! The laymen have no brain equipment and will not hear my torrid cries! So when people ask me why I give scientists the finger at every opportunity, I tell them I do so because someday my finger will be dead and the scientists will have my brain but they will ignore my brain's wild pleas to join my finger in death freedom. That, and I still fear that gray goo that Prince Charles was hooting about a few years ago.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a shame. The brain kept alive in a jar by attaching electrodes to it is one of my all time favorite images.

www.stephenesque.org

10:02 AM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

I'm fine with science using my brain, as long as they don't put use it to operate some sort of RoboCop device.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home