.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 08, 2004

The Esther Wilberforce-Packard Show

I used to be flattered that Paul Williams wrote a theme song for me, even though I was too young and unknown to be on the show. But now I'm worried that I won't live up to the lyrics. Yes, I can turn the world on with my smile, but do I ever bother? No, I do not. Certainly I can take a nothing day and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile - I do it all the time. For myself. Other people really need to take responsibility for their own happiness. I am only one person! Besides, I can only make it all seem worthwhile. I can't actually make it worth while. And when I make it after all, I hope people remember this: I like to stay up late, get up early, and take a nap in the afternoon. Ideally.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you sure you're not Rhoda? Consider your exotic flowing scarves, your Brooklynesque acerbic wit, your dark and haunting features... I think you should forget about turning with world on with your smile and start planning for your well-deserved spinoff show.

P.S. Do you think you could get me a date with Brenda Morgenstern aka Marge Simpson aka Julie Kavner? My heart beats wildly for her.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are they releasing your show on DVD. Or will I have to catch it in late nite re-runs. They release all the other shows on DVD.
-stephenesque

11:47 AM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Anon.: Me, Rhoda?!? This changes everything.

I can’t get you a date with Brenda. She only dates her second cousins.

Mr B.: DVD? DVD…DVD…why, I have no idea what that is. DVD - is that underwear? It's not a disease, is it? Oy, I just can’t keep up.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home