.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, November 12, 2004

From Now On, I Keep Some Things To Myself

Just today I said to myself, "You know, there just aren't enough good Gilgamesh jokes out there." Hardly were those words out when a thunderous voice bellowed, "THAT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT LOOKING IN THE RIGHT PLACE, ESTHER." A ferocious wind blew my hair back, scattered my tchotchkes and knocked the pictures off my wall. Nuts. That's the last time I complain about Gilgamesh aloud. I don't see the need to wake the ancients with my bitching.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Cope said...

One thing I've never understood about Gilgamesh is why he was always chasing after those poor Smurfs. I mean, at times it seemed he wanted to eat them, but then other times he'd just keep them in cages for days on end. Silly Gilgamesh.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Gilgamesh chased the smurfs because he wanted their secrets. He never wanted to eat them. You can't eat a smurf; they're all cartilage and dye. So Gilgamesh wasn't "silly." Unlearned, perhaps, but not "silly."

Maybe you were thinking of Snorks and their run-ins with Grendel.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home