.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

I Would Have Gladly Ignored It

Squander Two lovingly passed this straitjacket of a meme on to me. I would have gladly ignored it, naturally, but the man said my answers would be "amusingly strange..." Nothing strange here, you will note. But then he twisted the knife: "...if she answers it. Which she probably won't." Well, we'll see about that.

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
I despise books! If I had to be a book I'd be the telephone directory.
Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
All of my crushes are fictional, whether they begin that way or not. I despise crushes!
The last book you bought is:
The Essays of EB White. When I arrived home I realized that I already owned the Essays of EB White. I will presently return The Essays of EB White for a full refund. I despise EB White!
The last book you read:
The Mackerel Plaza. I despised it!
What are you currently reading?
Of Human Bondage. I despise it!
Five books you would take to a deserted island:
I despise books! I'd take five copies of the telephone directory and do nothing but make prank phone calls all day. I despise deserted islands!
Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons) and why?
I'm not going to pass any sticks. I despise passing sticks!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, no, books are good! I tell you, you haven't truly experienced a book until you've tried Ben Marcus' The Age of Wire and String with béarnaise sauce. (Oh, alright, mayo, if you totally insist on slumming it.) Now there's a book that will gently whisk your taste buds away to your pre-assigned ozone hole, replete with the siren song of feathers crashing down from the higher grounds...

11:31 PM  
Blogger Squander Two said...

You are of course right. I don't know what I was thinking with my "strange" comment. Many apologies for my barking stupidity. And thank you.

2:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My guess is you despise everything. Except anarchy, of course.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you're complicit in this insufferable meme. Meanwhile, Donal is falling down the rabbit hole of INTERNET GAMBLING. What are you going to do about it?? Well???

11:21 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Wordy: I don't believe you.
gatsby: Thank you for your discretion. This blog is popular with children, and I don't want them exposed to Whitesnake yet.
Squander Two: No need to apologize for stupidity, barking or otherwise. And no - thank you.
Old: I despise anarchy.
Noisy: I would call until you picked up. I despise wasted prank calls!
Jeff: I'm not going to do anything about it. I'm enjoying his fall. I can't wait until he discovers his intestinal worms.

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home