.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 28, 2005

It is a Truth Universally Ignored

It appears that I now have Mondays open and available for hours of napping and reflective moping - and Tuesdays and Wednesdays as well - and while I find this development bewildering to the core, I intend to use my blossoming time to the utmost. For example, it's already noon and I've donned socks and knocked off one cup of tea. Not too shabby. Tomorrow I may skim the newspaper or pelt pedestrians with wads of wet gutter leaves. The possibilities are endless, and my espi├Ęglerie without rival. In other words, I see no escape but the grave.

3 Comments:

Blogger gatsby said...

packard,
i was just driving the harrowing curves and precarious cliffs around my neighborhood looking for a suitable graveyard for my buick and it suddenly occured to me that you may still have a superannuated link on that unspooled cartoon tongue you call a blog roll-- so i rushed home to write you a stern but cheeky letter in this regard only to find you've changed the ole buckman link.
well lookit you all self righteous in your bunny slippers.
impressive packard.
now if you'd ever actually comment i could finally call myself a man. it's either that or i eat the heart of a deer. uncooked. you know like, right after i strangled the deer.
so either way.
let me know.

5:03 PM  
Blogger gatsby said...

packard,
i was just driving the harrowing curves and precarious cliffs around my neighborhood looking for a suitable graveyard for my buick and it suddenly occured to me that you may still have a superannuated link on that unspooled cartoon tongue you call a blog roll-- so i rushed home to write you a stern but cheeky letter in this regard only to find you've changed the ole buckman link.
well lookit you all self righteous in your bunny slippers.
impressive packard.
now if you'd ever actually comment i could finally call myself a man. it's either that or i eat the heart of a deer. uncooked. you know like, right after i strangled the deer.
so either way.
let me know.

5:14 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

packard,
i was driving the harrowing curves and precarious...

Uh, oh, that's been done, I guess.

Hey, you interested in a double-decker grave? Save a lot of dough. Your state or mine, I don't care.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home