.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, September 12, 2005

Can't Talk Now

Don't have much time. I have to be somewhere. The most tedious aspect of being awake is having to be somewhere else. If I had my druthers, I would stay home and transcribe some of my audio recordings. Most of these recordings involve conversations between me and the cat, though you'll find something on the tapes for everyone, e.g., conversations between the cat and a ficus (of blessed memory), and between my father and a sub-par bath mat from an unacceptable discount chain store.

3 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

It's terrible when you have to be someplace else and you find there's no there there. Try again tomorrow, maybe?

9:09 AM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

I would pay cash money to hear/read a conversation between your father and a bathmat. Especially if it ends with your mother walking in and declaring: "Ish, Richard. Get that thing off the driveway before the kids see."

10:52 AM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

That's very nice, but my father's name is Chaim.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home