.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Blog Hiatus Still Going Strong

I just received an email from Euston Jaffrens, King of Fried Chicken. “Stop by my restaurant and I will feed you the best plate of fried chicken you ever tasted,” it said. I pedalled over to King of Fried Chicken only to be greeted by an empty dirt lot. No fried chicken as far as the eye could see. So I rode home and wrote to Euston Jaffrens: “Dear Mr. Jaffrens, I tried to find your restaurant, but it was not where you said it was. Please advise.” He promptly wrote back, “Sorry for the inconvenience, please accept this coupon for laser hair removal. Dr. Euston Jaffrens.”

Dammit, Dr. Jaffrens, I don’t have time for your laser hair removal. I barely have enough time for fried chicken. When Marguerite Duras said, “The best way to fill time is to waste it,” she was referring to just this kind of fried chicken hassle. I know this because we were in the Popeye’s drive-thru when she said it.

Let me tell you, that woman could really put away the fried chicken.



Marguerite Duras: Writer, Filmmaker,
Fried Chicken Enthusiast

6 Comments:

Blogger Ivan the Terrible said...

Interesting equivalence. Does Dr. Jaffrens consider deep frying to be a form of hair removal? It certainly works for the chicken.

Not all orally-fixated Frenchwomen subscribe to chickenism with Ms Duras' enthusiasm. Anais Nin was more of a spit-roast girl, if her works are anything to go by...

12:21 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

How did Dr. Jaffrens become a doctor so quick? Correspondence course from Auburn? (Where you don't need no class to get A's. Just read a book, or maybe not.)

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe the same lasers that accomplish the hair removal could be tweaked to fry up some chicken. That'd be killing two birds with one stone.

Me, I like those new 4-legged chickens the best.

1:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did she eat it with a fork and knife, I wonder?

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Marguerite Duras the French tart who wrote "The Lover"? I could look it up on Google, but I crave human attention.

4:14 PM  
Blogger P. Curtin said...

My comment hiatus will be more silent than your posting hiatus!
Yours will look like a vacation compared to my hiatus.
It will be new and improved.
It will have pizazz
and thirty percent more hiatus!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home