.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, June 05, 2006

Listen, I Don't Want Hear About My 401k

I was just about to turn off my computer and hide it in the cupboard for the night when I stopped, because I had one more thing to say. It was about something... I'm already forgetting what I wanted to say. I can't remember.

Sometimes I wish my cat would wear a nice suit. Nothing too expensive, just something nice. No cumberbund or anything, but something nicer than khakis and a sportscoat. And on rainy days, he could wear corduroys and a navy blue turtleneck. But if he tried to tell me about my 401k, I would put my hand on his shoulder and say, "Listen, I don't want to know the details."

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that is a solid policy, with a lot to recommend it. Never listen to financial advice from a cat, even a cat nattily clad in Ermenegildo Zegna. My cat insists on lolling around unapologetically naked. I can see her teats right now, the shameless beast.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

What is it with cats and 401Ks? Fucking shut up, already. Christ.

10:27 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I was going to comment, but I forget what I was going to comment about. Canoes? Aunt Zelda?

Just stop locking me in the closet.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I have a cat, too. I personally prefer when my cat dresses casually. If he dresses too formal, it makes me feel out of place. You know, I also hate it when my cat tries to give me advice on my 401k--especially, what with all that bad advice he gave me six months ago regarding my stocks and bonds. Boy, was he wrong on that one--caused me to lose a bunch of money. I got even with him though--had him spayed the next week. He's recovered now and feeling fine, so need to call the SPCA.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish my cat would educate me about my 401K. Someone needs to take on that project...

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you dead? Where the comments at?

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home