.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Doom

I would have posted sooner, but I was gripped by a sudden fear of clocks. Also, I had a stomachache. Also, I was camping. Also, I was irritated by the mere sight of someone: she was bug-eyed with curly hair and she was buying several sacks of donuts. As Lord Halifax said, “Nothing has an uglier look to us than reason, or a sack of donuts, when it is not on our side.”

As you can see, it is not so much the price of things, but the cost. Can't talk now - time for pie.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ivan the Terrible said...

It's doughnuts, doughnuts, you barbarian! Still, I expect nothing better from an appeaser like Halifax.

Nice recovery with the pie, tho'. I approve of pies. Wholesome, Christian fare. I grasp them with my opposable thumbs...

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home