.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, July 17, 2004

Nobody In Here But Us Anchovies

I rarely eat brie cheese.  When I do eat brie, I do not eat the rind.  I eat up to the rind, and then I stop and move on to other things, like the grapes, or television.  This seems to baffle regular brie eaters, who, upon noticing my uneaten rinds, stare at me from behind their feedbags in confusion and hurt.  When they come to their senses, they usually eat my rinds for me.  This pattern has repeated itself for as long as I’ve known brie. 
 
I would like to tell you more about my experiences with cheese, but it’s very difficult to remember cheese anecdotes.  While you’re waiting for my next anecdote, why not enjoy these loosely phonetic lyrics:
 
HEY, durDAY, BABY I GOT chur MUHnay DONcha WURRay, durDAY
BABY I GOT chur MUNnay, said HEY,  (x2)


2 Comments:

Blogger kari said...

to be honest, i didn't know if it was proper or not to eat the damn rind. hmm.

10:53 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Oh, it's PROPER all right. I suppose you thought that you might get Moldy Esophagus if you ate rind. That probably won't happen. But if it DOES happen, don't tell your doctor that I advised you. Back-door medical licenses don't grow on trees.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home