.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Stupid Holiday

Some holiday. The refrigerator keeps making a rarrerrarrerrarrer noise. It has always made a rarrerrarrerrarrer noise, so I'm not too concerned about it. I am, however, concerned about the stage door johnnies loitering around the refrigerator, waiting for their favorite chorus girls to exit. They're all smoking and shouting things like "lookie the flat bugs on that bug-eyed betty," and "dry up, I got enough giggle water to get us fried an' then some," and "doll, where does a baby grand like me go to iron his shoelaces round here?" I tried to kick them out, and one of them said, "Poor little half-under bunny, trying to give us the bum's rush," and they all laughed at me! How can I make them believe that my refrigerator is chorus-girl free? And more importantly, how can I elbow past them to get some milk for my tea?

1 Comments:

Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Yep, sounds right. He high-tailed it with a chunk of my scratch and a high-hat smarty with gams up to there. Said he had to go see a man about a dog.

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home