.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 21, 2005

Failure to Gossip Properly Will Keep You Up at Night

I’ve heard that Woman X is divorcing my best friend Schaffer. Good, I say. If I had married Schaffer, I’d have divorced him in a heartbeat, the savage baldy bore - though Woman X is no prize either. What can you say when two bores divorce? Very little. You can’t even gossip about it properly - and failure to gossip properly will keep you up at night. You know you’ve made a ruin of your life when your botched marriage fails to generate the scarcest glimmer of schadenfreude in your supporting cast.

2 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Wilber: Does Gatsby have a blog? What's the URL? You're both funny.
pls. mail me, if you will, at mbenditem@msn.com. Thx.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Rob Miles said...

I'd never marry a woman with a letter for a first name. Especially if it was X.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home