.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, February 28, 2005

These are the Knobs that Try Men's Souls

You seem like a sensible person. So tell me, did you ever buy a chest of drawers, and you didn't like the knobs it came with, so you thought you'd go to Home Depot and buy attractive replacement knobs? Damn, listen to me, because that's what I did! When I arrived at Home Depot I was devastated by my choice of knobs. They were hideous - monstrous - worse than the knobs that came with the furniture.

Unsightly knobs? Do not do as I did, friends! No! Rather, let my tale of woe be your balm on a cloudy day.
"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What knobs we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every knob its value." -Thomas Paine

2 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

Thomas Paine was buried on his farm in New Rochelle with all knobs of beauty and greatness.

10:13 AM  
Blogger mistah charley, ph.d. said...

The professionals at the furniture factory have already taken into account a wide variety of potential knobs. Unless the knobs have been damaged in some way, you are best advised to leave well enough alone.

If you REALLY don't like the knobs, I advise getting a different dresser.

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home