.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, April 22, 2005

I'm Fine Now, Thanks

Took a brief saunter out-of-doors yesterday evening and was transfixed by the rather outlandish night-sky: concentric puffles of clouds encircled the razor-white moon and all that, with a hint of holy seraphim descending in tunnel formation. To top it off, when I returned home I found a plate of warm sausages on the back step. Naturally I assumed they were for me; as I ate the sausages the sky cracked and the wind whipped through my hair and 'mid this tumult I heard from far ancestral voices prophesying war. Intoxicating! At any rate, this morning I suffered the worst food poisoning of my life.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris Cope said...

That Prophecy Sausage is notoriously rough on one's inner workings. That's why I tend to choose Johnsonville. It is well known that oracles want nothing to do with Wisconsin.

12:51 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

In weather like that, any sausages you find are for the Dog Star.

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once stumbled across some deep fried tofu (I've eschewed meat ever since a traumatic visit to a certain Scottish eatery) that seemed to have instilled in me the ability to know what the exact temperature in downtown Cleveland was as I was eating it (the tofu, not Cleveland). No food poisoning to report, but I did spontaneously grow a new appendage, the use of which I'm still trying to figure out. Life's weird, eh?

6:18 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Esther: I mention you in my piece today (Sunday), in a sort of complimentary way.

9:54 AM  
Blogger Raehan said...

Coming from Horsetail Snake's place. Sorry about the food poisoning. If' it's any consolation you made me laugh.

11:51 AM  
Blogger poopie said...

Yowza..sorry you've got the runs. Hoss sent me over to say "feel better soon".

12:01 PM  
Blogger Dave Morris said...

If Hoss likes it, it must be funny. Enjoyed your blog.

Never. Eat. Warm. Sausages. Off. The. Doorstep.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home