.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Again

Rain. Where is my raccoon coat? I do think I've wasted a significant portion of my life, but I won't drag you through the details. The sooner I find that coat, the better, as there is a phone number in the pocket - that of a travel agent who is willing to accept baked goods in lieu of cash. Am considering a voyage to the Gold Coast. Don't particularly want to go there, but I certainly can't stay here. Rent is going up and raccoon coats are no longer fashionable. Also, I'd like the option of carrying a rifle in the street without having to answer a lot of fool questions about my intentions.

4 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I think you'd be okay at home. Most raccoon coats I've seen have rifle holsters.

5:43 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

That Gatsby is one smart cookie, to recognize your geniusery. I already pledged "most favorite site" to another writer, but that was before I found yours. So I guess, like Gatsby, you have to be my "second best."

I make myself wait until about 5 o'clock every day to drop in, hoping to make sure you have posted "for me." (But sometimes I peek in at 7 a.m., to make sure you didn't get ahead of me. Which you have done on occasion.)

Gatsby's invitation goes for me, too, except I'm in Oregon. (We're probably both Asian. But maybe not.)

I haven't complimented you enough. Well, down the line...

7:12 PM  
Blogger Desert Cat said...

Psh! Esther's in a class all by herself. You don't need to pick favorites here. There's Esther Wilberforce Packard. And then there's the rest that can be ranked in whatever way pleases your id.

What? Do you sort your pencils by length in your desk drawer, carefully arranging them from left to right? Esther is that lovely fountain pen in the other compartment that you got from your crazy Uncle George when you graduated from finishing school.

11:33 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

I hear that the dandy element of Nottingham are a raccoon coat wearing gun-slinging crowd. You may find favour there.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home