.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Japanese Japan Candies from Japan Chicago Americaland

I'm feeling a little under the weather. My tongue feels wrong and my throat, it's not right. Fortunately, Bee gave me some Japan candies from Japan. She didn't go all the way to Japan for them, she only went as far as Chicago. The candies are tan cola taffy with interior chunks of effervescent white powder and cola-flavored gummy material. They have all the Americaland cola candy beat. You wait here - I'll take a picture.


Delicious! Note the white speck - that's a fizzy part. And the darker speck, that's a cola gummy speck. You may wish to print out this photo and keep it in your wallet.



You get the idea. Cola Head puts on his nicest denim overalls and dusts the candy brick.

The candy website has a silent cartoon about an anthropomorphic strawberry who lives in an enormous strawberry and goes into hysterics when another strawberry pets a pear. I don't know how the cartoon ends because it was too tedious to sit through.

7 Comments:

Blogger kenju said...

The effervescent part is Alka Seltzer. They know you will get indigestion from the candy, so they put that in to help.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your natural cynicism has deprived you once again of a great cathartic experience. The lovelorn strawberry falls down a hill while trying to pick some cherries and ends up covered in mud. Naturally, the other strawberry rescues her and a joyful reconciliation takes place.

I can't wait for the sequel, in which the jilted pear returns to wreak a horrible mildew-ridden revenge.

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I believe the little strawberry girl fell down a hill into a pool of chocolate. The elder strawberry then seemed to be tasting the chocolate and proclaiming the little strawberry girl delicious. Quite disgusting.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When we lived in Chicago, we used to buy Japanese candy from the woman once known as Tokyo Rose, but what we got was the simple rice candy with the transparent edible wrapper.

7:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Japanese cartoon with no panty-shots? Are you sure it's really Japanese?

7:27 AM  
Blogger Chemical Billy said...

Um, there's nothing more delicious than a juicy, tear-stained, chocolate-covered strawberry girl!

1:28 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Kenju - I don't know if that's true, but I believe you anyway. I want to believe.

Waterhot - Your vivid summary has convinced me to watch it again. This time I made it to the end, but I lost the plot and I forgot how it made me feel. Same thing happened when I tried to watch Dune.

Adolpho - Yes, it must have been chocolate. Ick.

Triticale - Wait a minute! This sounds very familiar. Was it... no. No. Now it's gone.

Fred - Do Cola Heads eat each other too? What about Milkshake Heads? The Milkshake taffy was just like the cola taffy, but white with blue dots. Delicious. Please send more cola candies to me - by boat. Airmail is too expensive.

GBG - I am sure. Send cola candy.

Chemical Billy - Ick. Please send me cola candies.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home