.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Man Burns Hand on Remarkably Hot Hat

I just spoke to a man who burned his hand on a remarkably hot hat. "The hat was in my car, in the rear window. I reached back to pick it up, and I was like, ow, this is really hot. Then I thought about it for a minute and I was like, wow, how does a hat get that hot? It was remarkably hot." By the time I met him, the man had been milling around the parking lot for 15 minutes trying to get people to touch his hat. "Here, feel how hot this hat is," he’d say. "You won’t believe it. It’s not as hot as it was, but it’s still pretty warm."

For those of you wondering, the hat resembled a Greek fisherman’s cap without the little braided cord across the bill.

5 Comments:

Blogger Afe said...

The man was, in fact, Satan. I hope you didn't touch his hat. He may very well have captured your soul in his hellhat.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

No, silly. Satan is an accuser, not a soul collector, and he wears a pith helmet - he looks like Cecil Rhodes, but with enormous waxy sidewhiskers that taper off behind the ears. The man in the parking lot was no accuser. He was just a regular dude with a warm hat.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Bram Davidson said...

So ... there I was ... this man came up to me and commented on hot hot his muscles were ... true story. He might have been Satan ... he had the prerequisite waxy sidewhiskers.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

The good news is that the heat likely killed any dust mites, so now it's like he's got a new hat!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Heat kills dust mites?! Why wasn't I informed?

There is no "I" in "team," Chris.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home