.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Stop Trying to Sit on My Sofa, You Insensitive Swine

Lately I've been collecting interesting rocks in a suitcase, but now my suitcase is missing. I thought I'd put it next to the sofa. Now it's not there. I've adapted to my loss by storing my newest rocks on the sofa, but how long can this arrangement last? Would-be sofasitters balk when confronted by my interesting rocks. They don't want to sit on my rocks and they don't mind saying so. When you get right down to it, I don't want people sitting on my rocks. Pull up a chair if you are so inclined; it matters not to me. My primary objective is to recover my suitcase and the interesting rocks within.

5 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I would venture that somebody is trying to save you from yourself, but obviously it is a lost pursuit.

(Okay boys, haul her in.)

10:31 AM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

It is impossible to pull up a chair because they, too, are covered with rocks.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are these pet-rocks? You know the type: big ole googly eyes and glitter! Oh how cute! However, if these are not pet rocks and just normal everyday rocks then we're going to have a major problem.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why can't i quit you esther?
do you ever feel like the guy suddenly, awkwardly standing alone at line-up when the rest of the company takes a giant step back?
do you?
and futhermore my word verification word is "pnafjh"
this hardly feels like planet earth anymore.
seriously though, why can't i quit you?

3:25 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Chris, I have some folding chairs in the closet.

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home