.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Books: They're Not Just for Carnies Anymore

I was just lining up my books on the bookshelf when it occurred to me that I've never read any of them. The last book I read was The Valley of the Dolls, and I needed Cliffs Notes just to get past chapter 4. They didn't have Valley of the Dolls Cliffs Notes back then, so I had to make do with the mimeographed Tale of Two Cities glossary I found on the bus. I kept thinking that the book would be better if Neely was a talking car. Not just any car, either, but a Jeep Grande Cherokee 3.7-liter V6 with independent front/multilink rear suspension and Quadra-Drive II 4WD. I mean, is that even possible in just one car? If you're looking for rugged off-road capabilities and a five star crash test rating, the Jeep Grand Cherokee can't be beat. At any rate, I think the book is flawed.

3 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

"Flawed" is right, because in Tale of Two Cities there was only one doll, not a whole valley of them.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Don't be so literal. When they said "doll," they meant "fish." Vardaman thought Addie was a fish. It was the book changed the whole meatpacking industry. Go back to Russia.

1:44 PM  
Blogger keithurbanchic said...

Read Night Thunder's Bride instead. You can see it here:
http://tinyurl.com/azrd3

Night Thunder says "Sah! It is so!" a lot and that's way better than fish packing dolls any day.

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home