.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Goodbye, Blog Hiatus. Goodbye, Giant Nest.

Over the past few weeks I've been touring the country in a giant bird nest on wheels. During the daylight hours, I hitched rides by attaching my giant nest to the backside of cars; I'd stop at convenience stores to buy heat-lamp frankfurters and search for the Prophet Warren Jeffs. By night, I'd park my nest and read magazines by candlelight. Inevitably, the giant nest caught fire. To make matters worse, I never found the prophet - someone else got to him first - but I'm all caught up with my Smithsonian back issues. I say, did you know there are two Chinas, one rich and one poor? It's true, but not very interesting. I find myself bored with China. All that land and no Six Flags water parks. Wasteful.

summer
I was careful to wear a short scarf, so as to keep it from tangling in the nest wheels

7 Comments:

Blogger HA HA HA said...

ive been to asiia. borign. one big natoinel geagrapic article: ulltramodarn yadayada coexists with traditoinel blahblahblah. 10 pages of shrines next to bauhaus boxas an teh exiting nightllife of the busling capital fill-in-teh-blank. all gorgeasly lit howevar.

annyway. i dont thikn teh scarf deeal is a isue unless its a hispano-suiza birdnest. then igain its a heckova way to go! waht else is duncan remebard for? diddlysquat thahtts what.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Ivan the Terrible said...

Hah - take that, Isadora Duncan! In your FACE!

Ms Duncan is much overrated, in my opinion. Perhaps she should've taken a hiatus from her dangerous affectations...

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Miss Wilberforce-Packard,

Are you a chicken in real life? Or maybe an ostrich? Because you look a little bit like one. Or maybe like bald eagle chick, Haliaeetus leucocephalus, dressed up as Little Red Riding Hood.

And how did you attach the wheels to the giant nest? I would think they would keep coming off when driven at highway speeds.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

My truck! You found my old pickup! Where was it?

3:25 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Beanie Weenie is much better than Oscar Meyer, is what I say.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Squander Two said...

Evening, Esther.

I'm sure you'll be simply thrilled to hear that I've tagged you again. I only do it to annoy you, you know.

Cheers.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Jay King said...

If'n yew want to find Warn Jeffs, I got some ad-vice: Foller the wives.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home