.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

I'm Ready

It is important to remember that there is nothing new under the sun. However, when the sun finally expands into a red giant or implodes into a flaming pink dwarf, we will witness new things, and I for one will welcome the changes. I'm not saying that we need to take action to hasten the demise of our sun; I am merely noting that earth is oppressively tedious. Everywhere I go, I see the same blue Ford Explorer. And the same 36 righteous pigeons. I'm tired of it. I'm ready for the "Next Stage," as Wells Fargo banking aficionados say. I'm ready for ATM machines that shake your hand and robot dogs that invite you, in the language of Barklish, to the kegger at Kranson's place on that logging road over by the Shell station that closed down in '94 when Johnson had his stroke and his son drove into the lake to save that baby. I shit you not, hombre. I'm also ready for the death of the phrase "I shit you not."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is why we have weather. Weather was invented to delude us into believing that life on earth is neither stagnant nor oppressive. "Wow, how about that weather?
Did you see the size of that (insert one: hail, snowfall, floodwater, fissure in the ground from lack of rainwater)? Isn't it amazing?" Perhaps you could try to relieve your malaise by feigning interest in the changing meteorological conditions. It almost works for me.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home