.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 28, 2005

Local News May Not Interest Readers In Atlanta or Taos... or Minneapolis, For that Matter

I am familiar with this place. I can see it from my roof. I hate this drunken monstrosity - and if the fleshy cretins who run it think they can beat city hall by serving steak, they are probably right. We can all beat city hall by serving steak. Don't know why we've never acted on this before. I believe Jefferson called it the Great Steak Prerogative.

On a larger scale, if "America" started "serving steak," we could fool the EU and others into believing we've "ratified" the Kyoto protocol. Teach them to breathe down our necks. Personally, I think we've every right to foul up our own air, and if they don't like it, let them erect a folding partition of some sort. One that moves along a runner, so that we may occasionally move it aside to allow our aircraft through.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Mr. President, I stand guilty as FRAMED! Because section 40 is graft! And I was ready to say so, I was ready to tell you that a certain man in my state, a Mr. James Taylor, wanted to put through this dam for his own profit. A man who controls a political machine! And controls everything else worth controlling in my state including our miles and miles of luxurious waterslides."
-Jefferson Smith as played by James Stewart-g

5:11 PM  
Blogger Rob Miles said...

The thing that scares me is the quote "We are restaurant people..". Is this some kind of new race or religion? Or are they actually walking buildings who can stride majestically to an intersection, plonk themselves down and be open to purvey light snacks and beveredges in the twinkling of an eye? Is there a race of cinema people and outlet people as well who are responsible for these things which appear, seemingly overnight, near our cities? We need to be told.

3:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home