.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 23, 2005

Hi There, part 2

Very little depends upon the green wheelbarrow in my backyard. While it's true that this wheelbarrow is often glazed with rainwater, it is never "beside the white chickens" - whatever THAT means. The wheelbarrow is more or less a wash, in my opinion. Hasn't been used in years. Just sits there like an installation piece. There's really nothing more to say about it. I say, though, don't you hate airline food? Never had a bite of it myself, but I hear it's no good.

UPDATE - I've noticed that the less I blog, the fewer readers I attract. It stands to reason that a Topic Drift Post Explosion would result in a frenzy of web traffic in my favor. These things can't be helped. I say, don't you hate coarse toilet paper? Never use coarse toilet paper myself, but I hear it's no good.

UPDATE - I've decided to post several updates to this post today. Don't see how this could be a problem, given my race, class, gender, robust health and exquisite beauty. I say, don't you hate women drivers? Never run into them myself, but I hear they're no good.

UPDATE - When I survey my land and notice that my slaves are not putting up my pyramids properly, I get a little hot under the collar. If I'm wearing a collarless shirt, the slaves seem to build faster and more effectively. I say, don't you hate it when people talk during the movies? Never go to the cinema myself, but I hear it's a real problem.

7 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I've never been a migrant worker myself, but I think to be one you have to talk funny. That might be a problem.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where to begin? Ah -- the beginning.

Airline food: It's fine, so long as you consume enough of those little bottles of bourbon, beforehand. And I know a commercial pilot who agrees with me, here.

Toile-- uhm, bathroom tissue: Quilted is fine, but I'm getting sick of my fellow shoppers gawking at me in the parking lot as I try to fit an economy-sized 60-roll package of the stuff into the "trunk" (more like a rear-mounted second glove box) of my Miata.

Women drivers: Had one just about run into me on the freeway, the other day, as she was putting on her g-d makeup. I was so irate at her poorly-advised attempt at multi-tasking, I couldn't finish my Sports Illustrated article!

Chatterboxes at the cinema: I see no need to hold my tongue at my local multi-plex; why else would they be called "talkies"?

There, I think that about covers it. Do kindly try to be more regular with your blogging, won't you?

1:50 PM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

I saw the TD Post Explosion at Red Rocks. That concert was awesome.

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing to be a part of the Web activity explosion in response to your recent blogging, I'm posting a comment. I fear, though, that your constituents might just be so possessive of you that they are loathe to link your blog indescriminately, or at all. People don't like to share, word has it that it's no good.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

Collarless shirt? Well, if you're not afraid of garnering a reputation for that kind of thing, then fine.

7:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, however am a BIG fan of the tagless shirt.

Why?

I have this sub-human being (husb) residing in my dwelling that violently RIIIPPS the tags out of every new shirt because they are scratchy and the action usually leaves a hole in the new shirt.

Yet, I am the one labled anal-retentive...

...but I digress...

The tagless shirts have the tag info STAMPED on the inside back of the shirt. The best thing EVER!

...besides of course the sock packs with sticky openings so you can pull out a sock and gauge it's measurements in the store without ripping the plastic thereby leaving the package unsellable.

You are insane, but I love you.
HorseTail Snake sent me.

8:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tag free shirts are horrible. I never remember the size or brand of t-shirt when it is time to buy more of them and the tag free has all worn off with the information. I also fine them to be be very itchy. The writing breaks apart and looks like the end of cheap cellophane tape which is stuck to the roll. You just have chips of itch left after a few washings. second hand store shoppers (especially for baby clothes) will never know care or content of their items. Not good for 100% cotton addicts. Labels need to be brought back! boycott!!!!

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home