.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, August 01, 2005

Next Week is Now

What a tremendous relief it is to be back home again! But why the hired help no longer recognizes me, I'll never know. Perhaps they are thrown off by my new scent: Calvin Klein's CK Dregs. It smells very much like CK 1, and a little like CK Be, but with a gravelly, bitter afternote, and a whiff of the primordial oak barrel. Smells like the grit left in the bowl after you eat a hearty clam chowder, but with a smoky, nearly bestial hint of gardenia. And that's New England clam chowder, not the Manhattan variant. I've never touched the Manhattan variant; I hear it's like borscht, but without all the flavor.

What I'm trying to say is it's a very nice perfume.

2 Comments:

Blogger zzzzzzz said...

Did you take pictures from your trip?

9:53 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

The Manhattan variant is not worthy of the name "clam chowder." It turns out red, for Christ's sake! There are no red clams, only red tides.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home