.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 20, 2006

Aaaawwk!

I was wondering how people feel when they come to Topic Drift and I have nothing new to offer them. Sad, probably. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the labor involved in signing in to my account. All that typing and tabbing and entering and waiting. Then I get hungry and I have to make toast. By the time my toast is ready, the Mary Tyler Moore show is on. Then it's time for ice cream, them I have to floss and brush my teeth or I'll just keep eating until sunrise.

Here's a good joke: What did the crane say to the zebra? Aaaawwk.

He said Aaaawwk. It's all in the delivery. The thing about this particular joke is you have to ask the question very softly, very gently. Then, after your dupe leans in and whispers "What? What did he say?" Then you let out the terrifying deafening drum-shattering AAAAWWWWK! It really makes people angry, this joke. The angry means success. Make no mistake about it: your dupe doesn't even have to be fluent in English. As they say in the theatre, "The language of angry is universal."

3 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

After having said it 37 different ways, I can't get a laugh out of it.

I did get some angrys, from the 37 people I told it to. All of them were wearing hearing aids.

1:22 PM  
Blogger M said...

As a child I used to french dip pieces of homebaked bread in the juicy gravy of a moose steak.

1:18 AM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

As a child you were very precocious. As an adult, you’re typing checks my blog can’t cash. Please step back into the blog and have a chat with our security officer.

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home