.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Why I Use Word Verification Comment Technology

Listen, if you have a problem with my Word Verification scheme, just shut up and have a cigarette. Stop being so pushy. Commenting on Topic Drift is like falling off a triceratops: it’s a privilege, not a right, and if you tell the wrong people about it, you’ll quickly build a reputation as a lonely lowly mooncalf who bays at the lovely lonely moon in the frightful night sky, with the baying and the mooning and the sky with the moon, amen. Besides, International Word Verification makes it possible for two diseased children from Kwatzankore to visit America every year for lifesaving leg transfusions.

I do what I can. Some people give blood, some people give cash; I use International Word Verification, and I’m not sorry.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry. Sometimes I get angry. My psychologist gave me all these pills and said that if I didn't take them I would go crazy. But I do take them and sometimes I still go crazy. Come to think of it I don't have a psychologist, except for my mother; but that's an entirely different story! I guess it was just in the heat of the moment. Noodles still blow though.

10:13 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Listen: Don't try to get me hooked on cigarettes again. Cigarettes and leg transfusions are too lonely.

Sincerely lonesome,

Lonesome Hoss

12:55 PM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

God bless you for all the work you do, Ms. Wilberforce-Packard. If only there were more like you -- we wouldn't be tangled up in this mess in Lesotho.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But it says "bnakf." What kind of a word is "bnakf?" It sounds like maybe it's a foodstuff from a distant land. Like falafel.

11:35 PM  
Blogger Chemical Billy said...

But think of all the leg-saving life transfusions you can buy with just one bnakf.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Cripes I got "ndneglgl-ed" and that reminds me...I need a smoke.

2:57 PM  
Blogger Daniel Shackelford said...

Uaurz. That is where I am from. How did they know I was Uaurzian? Maybe they use those web camera things and they noticed my quatro-brow.

I'll get them.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Excnellsent idea, me! Let's all relaix with a nivce, flavourffvl cniggarette.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home