.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Forgive Me

Normally I would never post on the holy Sabbath - or on any other day of the week - but what I have to say is important. It just occurred to me that my grandmother doesn't like Chaka Khan. I don't know why it took me so long to figure it out, but it's obvious; she hasn't any Chaka Khan albums, and never mentions Chaka Khan in any of our conversations. Of course, I have not spoken to my grandmother in two years; perhaps she has spoken of Chaka Khan to the other grandchildren, and perhaps I should have researched this eventuality before airing such dirty laundry on my blog.

5 Comments:

Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

The truth is, NOBODY has any Chaka Khan albums. Especially me.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Thank you for sharing that. If my grandmother had not been dead these twenty years, I dare say she would not like Chaka Khan either. It is the way of grandmothers.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Ivan the Terrible said...

So that's why she marooned him on a far distant planet! Tragic that such a feud resulted from such insignificant beginnings...

I've always been more partial to Kula Shaka, myself.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

Wait a second, the same is true of my grandmother! Either there is a grandmotherly conspiracy against Chaka Khan, or you and I have the same grandmother. The latter probably makes more sense, because you're my sister.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

I'm not your sister anymore, Chris. The surgeons made that abundantly clear.

O wretched autonomy! Will I ever escape your dastardly grasp?

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home