.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

6 Down, Smurf-colored. 14 Down, Inuit's ride.

I wanted to begin this post “I was just filling in the Wednesday crossword when it occurred to me,” but it is useless. Nothing occurred to me while I was filling in the crossword. I often go days without anything occurring to me. “With which known substance will I now compose this sandwich?” “Better six feet under than one house over.” “Will man reach the headwaters of the Congo in my lifetime?” These are the sort of perplexities I consider, and nothing more.

I say, what do you think of puffins? For lo, they are sea birds.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ivan the Terrible said...

"Sky-blue" and "sledge" respectively. Or was that not the question? Sorry, I was distracted there for a moment by a particularly crushing bout of ennui.

Puffins are indeed a type of seabird, my dear, but I shouldn't write that in just yet. After all, "petrel" has the same number of letters and also starts with a "p". It also fits better if you change 3 down from "barfbag" to "Britain". Yes, that was a tricky one...

1:51 PM  
Blogger Pile On® said...

Sea birds. Over-rated. I think.

Are they any better than land birds or even air birds? Snow birds? Is driving fast everything?

There are arguments I am aware of that differ with my point of view, and I sympathize, but the pain in the asses are good for the local economy I say.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puffin - best grated.
I wonder, do you act? I'm thinking that you could forge a rather impressive James Bond baddie.

4:26 AM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

Everyone knows that puffins are robbing us of our liberty. Only Ron Paul can stop them.

5:57 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

But Tufted Tit-Mouse is not, as far as I know, a seabird. Actually, mourning doves are best.

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home