.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Somebody Give My Puzzle a Handclap

I've been too busy with my new jigsaw puzzle to update my blog. When I am finished, my puzzle will reveal a tiresome mountain scene from Maroon Lake, Colorado. Do not let my choice of puzzle mislead you: I generally dislike Colorado, and I chose the Colorado puzzle only because the alternative was the Three Country-Style Birdhouses Displayed on Picnic Table puzzle. If you subtract the natural beauty from Colorado, what have you left? Bupkis - and a few skinny loonies living in hemp teepees. And that's just the Greater Denver area.

Finished the sky over Maroon Lake today. Shit's looking up. I will fill in a bit of mountain foliage next, but only because I hear green is relaxing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bleak Mouse said...

For your own sake, please bear in mind that jigsaw puzzles are not regulated by law, so there is nothing to prevent them from claiming "500 pieces" on the box, and including only 498 or 499 inside -- or mixing in bits of other puzzles that didn't sell. Jigsaw puzzles used to be guaranteed by reputation and by the honor system, but we both know what's happened to those. Don't even be surprised if it's a picture of some whole other lake in a different state.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Shane said...

Bleak Mouse's cautionary note made my stomach turn. 'Is anything sacrosanct?' I pondered.

I wonder what the scale of your psychologically self-harming challenge is... 500-piecer? Surely not a 1000-piecer?

Wishing you a far from Colorado weekend.

3:36 AM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

I am sorry about this, Esther, but the loonies have moved to Minnesota. Go see: www.tylwythteg.com/STATE-DM/minnesota/minnesota.html

5:41 PM  
Anonymous beautifulatrocities said...

This just in: Donal is circumsized.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

1000 pieces.

Oh, Donal. Donal, Donal. How the mighty have fallen.

6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home