.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Update

Just ate some cottage cheese with a plastic fork. It was good, but it wasn't toasted to perfection. I usually refuse to eat food that isn't toasted to perfection. Occasionally I will eat food that is grilled to perfection, or perhaps roasted to perfection, but that is another matter. What I seek in a cottage cheese is consistency and probity. It matters not the size of the curd.

This reminds me of the time when I was eight years old, scanning the ground around the pool concession stand for dimes. If I could find a dime I could buy some Sixlets. Did I find a dime? Hell no I didn't, which is exactly my point.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Ivan the Terrible said...

I only toast things to perfection when I'm expecting company. Otherwise it's too much trouble, and leads to unmanageable expectations on the part of my family, leeches that they are.

For a real challenge, toast ham. It's easy to get into the toaster, but just try prising it out again! Now that's a true test of mastery, Grasshopper.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Chris Cope said...

What about broasted to perfection? Do people broast anymore? The Byerly's in Bloomington, MN, used to have a cafe that served broasted chicken. Sadly, that Byerly's has gone, along with the idea of having cafes in supermarkets.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

What you need is one of these culinary torches, like a little flamethrower, which are used to bruler creme brulee.

2:43 PM  
Blogger OldHorsetailSnake said...

Toasted Sixlets are no good, so it's just as well you didn't strike it rich. Have you tried toasted broccoli?

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the heck is a Sixlet?

1:38 AM  
Blogger kari said...

sixlets! THAT IS WHAT I WANT FOR BREAKFAST RIGHT THIS VERY SECOND.

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Wilberforce-Packard, what has tha foul Cottage Cheese done to you?

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home