.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

What?

I was recently taking care of some solemn business when I said to myself, “Why engage in such business? It is beneath you.” God’s foot! It was like a mighty light went on in my head, shorting out the widget that transmits thoughts to my mouth mechanism via fiber optic cable. I immediately ceased all action and took to drink.

At any rate, that was weeks ago, the schnapps cupboard is bare, and my laundry is still in the washer.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Cope said...

Similar to the time I didn't change the oil in my car for 17 years.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

The common oil change is an abstraction of commerce, not a mandate. Karl Marx told me that at a company picnic. Or in a dream. I can't remember which.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Ivan the Terrible said...

Do not despair, Esther. It's not too late to move on to the Whiskey Cellar and the Paraffin Vat. Resist the tyranny of the mundane with all your might. And liver.

Inebriaturi te salutant!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It would behoove you to add a generous portion of baking soda to your laundry when it again sees your attention. Still some of that in the cupboards, dear?

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home