.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, November 16, 2009

What?

O, the passage of time, with its attendant sorrows and panic and sudden suspicious odors, etc. Stupid. Anyway, I don’t remember what the question was, but the answer is of course I want to type into my blog again, at least for now and at least until next week, when I will reevaluate this decision and disappear for another 16 months.

Little has occurred since last I wrote. Of note:

-Rafe went to Cote D’Ivoire and became lodged between a chest of drawers and an automated meat-pie vendor. I saved him, though barely, and he lost the false whiskers he was using to disguise himself.

-In April I nearly threw out a set of knives that once belonged to Charles II, but I kept them when I discovered that the handles were hollow and stuffed with smaller knives.

-Last summer I found tunnels under the boiler room leading to a cave full of ripening cheese. Whose cheese this is and what it is doing in my mystery cave, I haven’t the slightest.

-Flavian returned to claim his inheritance; when he realized that no one of money had died yet, he mooned about the house for three days and then wandered off into the fog. His last postcard indicated that he was again in Haiti and had consumed nothing but pistachio nuts and warm cola for two weeks.

And that brings us to the present. Just heard a terrific joke about voles.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris Cope said...

And inside those smaller knives: Even smaller knives.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Shane said...

I trust that Flavian remains unaware of the, shall we say, smaller knives.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Ivan the Terrible said...

Rafe, Flavian, Charles II - don't you know any men who aren't riddled with syphilis, Esther?

5:19 PM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

Some have syphilis, some have intermittent hemorrhagic fevers. Some have both. Some can't grow a beard.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home